- Are all of your providers physicians? No, four of our providers are licensed physicians, and one is a certified nurse practitioner.
- What if my doctor is not available to see me? We encourage patients to see their primary care provider as this is important for continuity of care. If you have an urgent matter and your provider is not available to see you, you may be scheduled with one of our other providers.
- Do you offer same day appointments? Same day appointments are usually available for urgent matters.
- How can I reach my physician by phone? To reach your provider, you may call the office and leave a message with your doctor’s medical assistant. **Please note, we do not diagnose or treat over the phone, so if you have a medical problem, please call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Do you do routine GYN care, including Pap tests? Yes, our providers do routine gynecologic exams as well as ordering of any related tests such as mammograms, bone density tests, STD screening, etc.
- Do you deliver babies? No, our providers do not deliver babies. We are happy to assist you with a referral to an Ob-Gyn if you are pregnant.
- Do you treat children? Yes, all of our providers treat infants, children and adolescents.
- Can you treat my whole family? Yes, our providers would be happy to see your whole family.
- What if I need prescription refills? Typically, your provider will provide you with enough refills to last until your next appointment. If you are due for a medication refill, you may be due for an appointment. If you are requesting a refill, we ask that you contact your pharmacy at least 48 hours before you need your medication or you may leave a message on our automated refill line.
- How do I obtain a referral? Please call the office to schedule an appointment to discuss your referral or you may leave a message on our automated referral line.
- What is your cancellation policy? We ask that you provide 24 hours notice if you must cancel your appointment. This allows us to offer that appointment time to another patient. If you must cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice or if you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you may be charged a fee.
- Can I see you even if you are not contracted with my insurance plan? Yes, but you will be expected to pay for services at the time of your visit.
- How do I obtain a copy of my medical records? Click here to open our Medical Release Form. Complete the form online, then print and sign it. Mail or fax the completed form to our office (Attn: Medical Records Department). This form can also be used to request that records from outside facilities be forwarded to Smaldore Family Practice Associates.
- What insurance plans do you accept? Please see the “Insurance” section of our website.
- What if I need medical care or advice after hours? If you are in need of urgent medical care, please proceed to the nearest emergency room or urgent care center and contact our office the next business day to schedule a follow-up appointment with your provider. You may also call our answering service number which is (410)-337-7806.
- Am I allowed to eat or drink anything prior to coming in for “fasting” labs? We ask that you not eat or drink anything other than water or black coffee (no cream or sugar) for 10 hours prior to your lab appointment. It is important to be well hydrated when you are having your blood drawn. You may take your usual medications unless you have been instructed to take them with food. If you have questions about this, please consult your provider.